Register Now! June 5 - 9, 2023
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School is a big favorite at Redeemer!
VBS meets for one action-packed week each summer. With a new and exciting theme each year, we explore the Bible and how it supports and guides kids in their everyday faith. With middle and high school youth and many adults volunteering to help make it happen, it’s also a great time to build relationships across generations and feel the power of a loving faith community.
How VBS works at Redeemer:
- VBS is held from 9 am- 12:30 pm each morning, Monday- Friday. Please plan to attend the whole week as much as possible. Your child has something unique and valuable to contribute; we miss them when they’re gone!
- Before Care is provided (for free) from 8-9 for early drop-offs. After Care is provided (for a reasonable fee) from 12:30- 6 pm. They are staffed by our professional and caring Nursery staff. We are excited to offer a day camp option for children 2 and under in collaboration with Midtown Lutheran Preschool. This means that siblings too young to participate in VBS have a high quality alternative right here on site.
- Participants and volunteers eat lunch at VBS, but are asked to bring a packed lunch from home. The exception is Thursday, when a hot lunch is served for participants and their parents!
- Preschool (ages 3- PreK) have their own crews and dedicated leaders. These groups are purposefully kept small.
- Elementary crews include kids who have completed Kindergarten – 5th grade. In recognition of their growing maturity and leadership skills, 5th graders act as ‘assistant crew leaders’. This does not mean that they are VBS staff. They get to participate in all the activities while also acting as helpers to their crew leaders.
- Middle and High School youth are incredibly valuable to VBS- we couldn’t do it without them! They help as crew leaders, station assistants, and more. Use the volunteer registration form when registration opens to sign up volunteers who have finished 6th- 12th grades.
- VBS at Redeemer is free of charge, though we do suggest a donation for those who are able. We appreciate support to offset some of our expenses, but want every child to have this opportunity.
- We love having friends, neighbors, and visitors at VBS! Membership at Redeemer is not required.