Adult Learning Class Recordings
About this Collection
Not all Adult Learning classes are recorded by the teacher. The decision to record a class or not is within his or her discretion as some class discussion may involve personal stories or information. If you aren’t sure whether a particular class was recorded, please ask the person who led the class.
The process of downloading a recording from Zoom and uploading it onto this page does take a little time, so your patience is appreciated.
Building Resilience amid Ambiguity: Learning to live well in Pandemic Times
Join Pastor Jenny McLellan Sunday mornings at 10:00 beginning September 12 for a four-week study.
Like the Israelites who returned from exile, we are experiencing a full range of emotions as we are living through the trauma of a global pandemic. This four-week adult education series, taught by Pastor Jenny, will explore loss, emerging from the pandemic, and learning how to build up tolerance and resilience for ambiguity. Each class will provide practical exercises for coping with change as we draw from Ignatian Spiritual Exercises reflecting on where we’ve been, where we are now, and where we might go from here.
Week 1: Recognizing Ambiguous Loss Recording from Sunday, September 12, 2021
Week 2: Personal Resilience
Week 3: Interpersonal Resilience
Week 4: Communal Resilience
Lenten Study: Immersed in the Promises of Baptism
Join Pastor Jenny McLellan Sunday mornings at 9:00 beginning February 21 for a five-week Lenten study of the five promises of baptism.
Living through a pandemic changes us. While life looks different today than a year ago, one thing remains the same: the covenant God made with us in Holy Baptism. Through the water and Holy Spirit, God promised to give us new birth, cleanse us from sin, and raise us to eternal life in Christ. In response to God’s promises, we made promises:
- Week 1: To live among God’s faithful people Recording from Sunday, February 21, 2021
- Week 2: To hear the word of God and share in the Lord’s Supper
- Week 3: To proclaim the good news of God in Christ through word and deed
- Week 4: To serve all people, following the example of Jesus
- Week 5: To strive for justice and peace in all the earth
Pastor’s Class taught by Pastor Mark Larson on Wednesday Nights
Introducing the New Testament: A Historical, Literary, and Theological Survey by Mark Allan Powell.
- January 13, 2021 Pastor’s Class
- January 20, 2021 Pastor’s Class
- January 27, 2021 Pastor’s Class
- February 3, 2021 Pastor’s Class
- February 10, 2021 Pastor’s Class
- April 14, 2021 Pastor’s Class
- Intro to the New Testament 7
- Intro to the New Testament 8
- Intro to the New Testament 9
- Intro to the New Testament 10
- Intro to the New Testament 11
- Intro to the New Testament 12