Lenten Small Groups
During Lent, Redeemer encourages the entire congregation to read and discuss a book together in small groups. Traditionally, our Lenten groups meet at people’s homes or at the church. To encourage discussion, Redeemer provides a study guide and small group leader guidance. Lenten groups build relationships among members and friends that strengthen our community and deepen our faith.
2023 Book Study
Lead a Lenten Small Group!
Groups meet via Zoom five times between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday.
No experience is necessary. The Small Groups Ministry Team will provide training, support and a discussion guide.
We always need more group leaders and God may be calling on YOU to lead.
Meeting with my Lenten small group is my favorite activity of the year. I enjoy reading and talking about the book together. It’s also a great way to get to know new people better.
Previous Lenten Book Studies
- 2022 – Life Unsettled: A Spiritual Journey for Wilderness Times by Pastor Cory Driver
- 2020 – Kneeling with Giants by Gary Neal Hansen
- 2019 – Grateful by Diana Butler Bass
- 2018 – Baptized for this Moment by Stephen Paul Bouman
- 2017 – Martin Luther and the Called Life by Mark D. Tranvik
- 2016 – Jesus is the Question. The 307 Questions Jesus Asked & The Three He Answered by Martin B. Copenhaver
- 2015 – Speaking of Sin, The Lost Language of Salvation by Barbra Brown Taylor
- 2014 – When Spiritual but not Religious is not Enough by Lillian Daniel
- 2013 – The Prodigal Son, Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller
- 2012- Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer