Lenten Small Groups
During Lent, Redeemer encourages the entire congregation to read and discuss a book together in small groups. Traditionally, our Lenten groups meet at people’s homes or at the church. In 2021, the groups will meet online via Zoom. To encourage discussion, Redeemer provides a study guide and small group leader guidance. Lenten groups build relationships among members and friends that strengthen our community and deepen our faith.
Lead a Lenten Small Group!
If you’ve had reservations about leading a Lenten Small Group because of the size or location of where you live — 2021 is your year! Each group will meet via Zoom five times between Ash Wednesday (2/17/21) and Easter Sunday (4/4/21).
No experience is necessary and Karen Medford and the Small Groups Ministry Team provide training, support and the discussion guide.
Contact Karen Medford at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. We always need more group leaders and God may be calling on YOU to lead this year.
Lenten Small Group sign-up begins January 24th using Realm.
Meeting with my Lenten small group is my favorite activity of the year. I enjoy reading and talking about the book together. It’s also a great way to get to know new people better.
Previous Lenten Book Studies
- 2020 – Kneeling with Giants by Gary Neal Hansen
- 2019 – Grateful by Diana Butler Bass
- 2018 – Baptized for this Moment by Stephen Paul Bouman
- 2017 – Martin Luther and the Called Life by Mark D. Tranvik
- 2016 – Jesus is the Question. The 307 Questions Jesus Asked & The Three He Answered by Martin B. Copenhaver
- 2015 – Speaking of Sin, The Lost Language of Salvation by Barbra Brown Taylor
- 2014 – When Spiritual but not Religious is not Enough by Lillian Daniel
- 2013 – The Prodigal Son, Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller
- 2012- Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer