Lenten Small Groups
During Lent, Redeemer encourages the entire congregation to read and discuss a book together in small groups. Traditionally, our Lenten groups meet at people’s homes or at the church. In 2021, the groups will meet online via Zoom. To encourage discussion, Redeemer provides a study guide and small group leader guidance. Lenten groups build relationships among members and friends that strengthen our community and deepen our faith.
2021 Lenten Book
The God Who Sees: Immigrants, the Bible, and the Journey to Belong
Raised a Catholic in Guatemala, the author Karen González writes about her baptism, communion, and confirmation in ways that are both relatable and eye-opening. As a Christian with an eye for history, Scripture, and experience, González tells of her journey to the United States and speaks directly to immigration issues in a way that is insightful and compelling.
Lenten Small Groups are Underway!
Our Lenten small groups have all started and are reading and discussing the book over Zoom. If you aren’t in a group, you can always attend the Pastor’s Class on Wednesday nights at 6 pm.
If you have questions about Lenten small groups at Redeemer, please contact Karen Medford at email@example.com.
Meeting with my Lenten small group is my favorite activity of the year. I enjoy reading and talking about the book together. It’s also a great way to get to know new people better.
Previous Lenten Book Studies
- 2020 – Kneeling with Giants by Gary Neal Hansen
- 2019 – Grateful by Diana Butler Bass
- 2018 – Baptized for this Moment by Stephen Paul Bouman
- 2017 – Martin Luther and the Called Life by Mark D. Tranvik
- 2016 – Jesus is the Question. The 307 Questions Jesus Asked & The Three He Answered by Martin B. Copenhaver
- 2015 – Speaking of Sin, The Lost Language of Salvation by Barbra Brown Taylor
- 2014 – When Spiritual but not Religious is not Enough by Lillian Daniel
- 2013 – The Prodigal Son, Recovering the Heart of the Christian Faith by Timothy Keller
- 2012- Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer